Thursday 6 August 2009

Yoga and non-smoking, a great combination

The sun was so golden this morning. As the morning dew collected into little droplets on the blades of grass, it sparkled brightly in the glowing morning sun. What joy to be there to see it, what a pleasure to draw the fresh morning air deep into my lungs.
Yoga in the morning is definitely the best. Especially if you have quit smoking. So, here is a little bit of gold for you, if you are a smoker (or if you have a friend who has this problem). Read "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" by Allen Carr. It delivers what it promises, i.e. it makes quitting easy. Seriously, the main reason it is so difficult is because you expect it to be. Read! Read! Read!
I recovered my investment in this book in under a week and have felt great ever since. I won't go into further detail, as the many benefits of becoming smoke-free should be well-known.
Opening your lungs with yogic breathing was a great way to go in recovering that vital energy that I was regularly burning up. Come on, give it a go!
Namaste!

PS: Two thoughts on this occured to me after this. First, there are so many things on the internet that get toted with pages and pages of praise, and they are usually dubious. A great product generally speaks for itself. That is why I would like to keep it short, but at the same time I could write tons more praise about this inspiring book.
Second, a general observation: I have seen it happen so often that people ignore good advice, because they find it inconvenient to let it reach them. This is true especially for smoking. The subject of openmindedness is one to be expanded in a future post. For now, believe me, Allen Carr knows his stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment